.

Monday, March 12, 2018

So what’s a good folding knife?

So for my 19th birthday that is coming up real soon, I'm very likely to be getting a new pocket knife to replace my old worn out one, I would prefer it to be a folding knife. Knife length isn't a problem due to the laws of my state. So what do you recommend for a folder?
-Joe
.
Hello Joe,
You’ve got a ton of options and it comes down to how much money you want to spend. These are all solid knives you can trust. A bit more money gets you nicer steel, materials and finish but any of these will last you a lifetime if you take care of them.
Under $50 range
Ontario Rat-1 $28.48
ON8848-BRK Rat-1
Kershaw-Emerson, CQC-10K $36.15

$50-$100 range
Cold Steel Voyager Vaquero Plain Edge Knife $61.26

Spyderco Endura4 $67.06

Benchmade - Griptilian 551 $102.00

+$100 range
Zero Tolerance Hinderer 0566 Carbon Fiber Folder $168.00

Lion Steel Knives SR2ARS $151.99


Oh, and Happy Birthday!
FerFAL
Fernando “FerFAL” Aguirre is the author of “The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse” and “Bugging Out and Relocating: When Staying is not an Option”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just bought the RAT1, but with upgraded D2 steel for a bit less than $50 shipped. I had been watching this for a few years, and I noticed nearly all reviews of it raved about the original feel of the knife. But their takeaway was the AUS8 steel blade should be switched out for improvement. Rat Knives listened and I took it - lets see how it plays out.