.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cold Steel Vaquero Discontinued? Get it while you Can.



hi, Fernando I know your a big fan of the Cold Steel Vaquero series, as am I,
I prefer the 4inch version. Recently they have been going up in
price, fearing they might be discontinued I went to the Cold Steel
website, and they have been removed from their voyager series page. If
your looking to get a 4inch Vaquero, im thinking now would be the
time.
Ruben

Thanks Ruben for the heads up. I just checked and I still see the Vaquero, although being one of their least popular models compared to the Clip Point and Tanto I wouldn’t be surprised if they discontinued it, like they did with the older Vaquero and El Hombre before that.  Cold Steel has so many models, it is not uncommon for them to drop models that aren’t very popular.
I checked on Amazon and at least for now the Voyager Vaquero XL which is my favorite one is on sale for $42.62. That’s a great price.







The Vaquero along with the Leatherman Charge Tti makes for a fantastic pocket carry combo. If you're looking to treat yourself this Easter, both are great knives worth every buck.






A model I've had my eye on for some time (ok, I've been drooling all over it for months now) that is also selling for a good price right now is the Zero Tolerance 0561. Scales are G-10 and titanium frame lock, the steel of the blade is ELMAX, a premium nitrogen powder steel considered one of the best knife steels money can buy. The design is Hinderer’s XM-18 and to Zero Tolerance quality. It doesn’t get better than that.
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KOFDEG?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B008KOFDEG&linkCode=xm2&tag=surviinargen-20



Talking about knives in general, for those interested in my pocket knife philosophy, watch this video.
Take care folks, and Happy Easter!!

FerFAL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for me in the United States, the wave is better than the Charge for one reason. That it is sold in the big box stores who have a generous return policy. Break the blade and you can return it free of charge. Those stores don't sell the Charge so you cant do that. Also I find the Wave too big and heavy for pocket carry, so I carry it in a holster on my belt. EDC definitely.

Anonymous said...

Feliz Pascua, Fernando.