.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Problems with the background

Anonymous said...
Can't read your blog with Blue Font on Brown Background.....Can't see it.
Help!

Someone told me about a similar problem some time ago, apparently its becuase of an older Explorer or Firefox edition. You should be able to read it perfectly well since it has a very clear background on the text area.
For some reason, certain older versions aren't loading that background but I assure you its the web navigator, not the blog. I can see it well with my desktop computer and laptop, using the latest Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Try updating your internet navigator with a new version.
Guys, if anyone remembers the exact version that was causing the problem please chip in, thanks.

FerFAL

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of the time what you say is happening, but when your previous post was at the top, the backround pattern, which is normally only on the edges, was over everything.....I assure you, my computer has all the modern and up-to-date stuff.

If you clicked on the header, "Very disturbing news learned this weekend: The K Army", it would lead to a new page where the border was not overlapping the text.

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I had the same problem, could not read anything. Today it works. Same PC same Browser...

parabarbarian said...

That would be me.

Some of the Blogspot templates incorrectly put style statements inside a div block. The correct behavior for a rendering engine is to ignore the illegal style statement. However, the Gecko engine used in Firefox before (I think) 3.1 sometimes tries to incorporate them anyways. Because the style statements in question are trying to change the background this causes a fallback to the global background image. Apparently it was a subtle reflow-refactoring bug that only manifests under certain narrow circumstances.

An upgrade will fix it but the latest version of Firefox will also require installing the latest Java JRE/JDK.

bayrider said...

try clearing the cache in your browser. find it under tools/options

Anonymous said...

this happened to me yesterday and looks good today.

I am on Safari Version 4.0.4 (5531.21.10)

jj in sc said...

Must have been a glitch. I always view your blog on the Safari browser, and I had the same trouble. I had to highlight the text to read it.

Which is fine, since it's well worth reading anyway.

Anonymous said...

This also happened to me yesterday, I was using the latest version of Chrome.

Anonymous said...

Ok, all better today!
Don't know what happened...but I can SEE again!!!! Yaayyyyyyy!!!!!