.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Letter from Russia

Hi, Fernando.
I read with great interest your article. The life in all economic crises are very similar. The life in Russia at 1991-1998 years was almost same, as in Argentina.
And I would like to obtain your permission to placing my translation of your article on my web site.
In addition, if you will be interested, I can write to you about their experiences of survival during the civil war. Most of your article is suitable for survival during the civil war. But some councils not Are not absolutely correct for survival in the civil war . If you're wondering, I am ready to write you about it.

Dmitry B., Russia, Moscow



Sure man, I’d love to hear all about it.
As you mention, there are many similarities and there are differences as well based on social, geological, political and historical context.
Feel free to translate anything you want. All I ask is being mentioned as the original author and a link back to my blog.
It would be great if you could share some advice and articles regarding civil war. I usually try to learn from such things, real events that have happened before.
Take care Dmitry, hope to hear from you soon.

FerFAL

(eidted to add) Hi Dmitry!
Your email, bounces back with a “Mail delivery failed” message.

Could you tell us a bit about your experiences? The main most important points, also the similarities and differences you see between what happened in Argentina and what you experienced over there?

Thanks!

5 comments:

Gabriel said...

I'd love to read about Dmitry's point of view ! Is he going to post them here or on another blog ?

Anonymous said...

Oh, heck yeah! I for one would really like to hear about how things went for regular people in Russia after the "fall of Communism". Practical knowledge is always welcome.

Here is the US The prospect of a Zombie Holocaust or Captain Trips is pretty remote. A hollow or failed state with resultant rioting and possible civil war is far more probable here. I am planning accordingly.

FerFAL said...

Hi Dmitry!
Your email, bounces back with a “Mail delivery failed” message.

Could you tell us a bit about your experiences? The main most important points, also the similarities and differences you see between what happened in Argentina and what you experienced over there?

Thanks!

FerFAL

Aries144 said...

Oh man! I want to know about this!

Dmitry, I hope you post your story!

Anonymous said...

The problem with comparing Russia to the US when it comes to SHTF scenarios is that people over there are more used to having to scrounge to survive - after the fall of the USSR senior citizens were forced to sell their belongings to survive. People in the US are not used to life in a third world country, and so I believe that a SHTF scenario here will be more scary. ( How do I know what life in Russia is like? I was born in the USSR back in the 70's, and spent the last 20-some years in California. )

Gene (lastory2006@gmail.com)